Are Dental Implants a Good Solution for Your Missing Teeth?
Are you hiding your smile because of a couple missing teeth? Have you stopped getting your picture taken because there’s a gap in your smile? Don’t worry; your smile can be beautiful again with the help of dental implants in Greenville, SC.
Why Should I Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants can be the perfect solution for missing, decayed, damaged, or diseased teeth. Here are just a few of the many benefits of using dental implants.
- A Completely Natural Look and Feel
- Long Lasting
- Restores Function to Teeth
- Restores Beauty to Your Smile
- Easier to Eat and Talk
- Prevents Further Damage to Teeth and Jawbone
- Helps Prevent Further Tooth Loss
Even better, dental implants don’t require any special care or attention. Simply brush and floss like you would with your natural teeth and they can last a lifetime! No one will be able to know the difference.
Am I a Candidate for Getting Dental Implants?
If you have one or two missing teeth, your dentist may suggest dental implants. Almost everyone can be an ideal candidate for dental implants, no matter what age. Here are the three main factors your dentist will examine to determine if dental implants are right for you.
- Your Overall Health- Poor general health could make it difficult for your body to accept the implants or encourage infections after the implants.
- Your Gum Health- During the procedure the gums must heal around the implant, creating a new tooth. Successful dental implant procedures rely on healthy gums.
- Your Jawbone Density- The dental implant needs to fuse to the bone, so your jawbone density needs to be strong and healthy.
These three factors will help your dentist know which dental restoration is the best for you.
People with the following conditions might not be a good candidate for dental implants:
- Pregnant Women
- Young Children with Growing Bones
- Heavy Alcohol Use
- Patients with Excessive Diabetes
- Hemophilia Issues
- Immune Deficiencies
- Patients Who Have Undergone Chemotherapy or Use Biophosphate Medications
However, these issues don’t necessarily mean you can’t get dental implants. Consult your trusted dentist in Greenville, SC to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants.
Know Before You Go, Ask These Questions
Before you decide on dental implants or any other dental restoration, you should understand the procedure and feel comfortable. Ask your dentist the following questions before you decide on dental implants:
- What licensing and training do you have?
- Do you have before and after pictures of this procedure?
- How much will my dental implants cost?
- Does insurance cover dental implant treatments?
- How long does the procedure take?
- How many visits will be involved in the procedure?
- How long have you been providing dental care and implants in the area?
- Do you have any payment plans or programs?
- Is dental sedation offered?
- Dental procedures make me anxious, what can you do to help me stay calm?
The considerate and gentle team at Downtown Dental work with you to make sure you feel relaxed and confident during any procedure. If you’ve been looking for reliable and beautiful dental implants in Greenville, SC, look no further. Call us today at 864-438-2646, and we’ll get your smile back on track!